Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Day 1: This will take some getting used to

After about an 8 hour journey I finally arrived at my destination, the town of Strawberry Fields Together, at Yerba Buena Farm. Once here, I met the mother, father, 6 sons, and other intern, Brianna. As well as the 3 dogs, 2 cats, 8 chickens, and thousands and thousands of honeybees.

The property has 3 large cabins and a common area kitchen. The showers are all outdoor and there is a beautiful beach at the bottom of the property. Day 1 was a relaxing day, a chance to explore the area. All of the plants here have food growing from them. Hungry? Go outside and grab a mango or banana from a tree. The seeds are thrown back outside to grow more trees while the remainder of any food that is left becomes composted for future beneficial use.

When it was time for sleep, I went back to my cabin, ignored the many critters wondering amongst the room, put down my mosquito net around my bed, and called it a night.

I have already taken many pictures and will be putting them up shortly!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are off to a great start! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting but I think I'll stick to all inclusive vacations. Lol. Looking forward to your pics. Cya

    ReplyDelete